COLD is an excellent solution for cost-effective portable
storage, retrieval and distribution of data. In addition to the capacity
to store over a half million computer-generated documents on one CD, COLD
offers a quick, accurate search capability so that users can find the
information they need in a matter of seconds.
Datafile's COLD services also make it easy to publish your company data
onto separate discs for distribution. For example, we helped a credit
management company separate a 300,000 page report into smaller reports
for distribution on CD to each of 300 credit unions. This solution allowed
each credit union to retrieve their data without sharing confidential
information between the branches. We also handled the distribution of
the CDs from our service center directly to the individual credit union
locations--saving the credit management company from redundant mailing
and distribution fees.
COLD benefits are vast. Below are just a few:
- CDs have a high capacity for storage with instant
- It takes approximately 2500 microfiche to equal
the capacity of one CD-ROM.
- COLD is an affordable method for multiple report
- COLD makes response to customer information requests
quick and accurate.
- CDs reduce company expenditures toward paper,
storage files, boxes and cabinets.
- COLDs efficiencies allow employees to spend their
valuable time on core business tasks.
- COLD services reduce delivery time and mailing
costs of document distribution to associates.
- COLD eliminates labor costs associated with microfiche
retrievals and microfiche reader/printer costs.
- Keyword search capabilities allow for quick retrieval
of business critical documents.
Because of the universal ISO disc formatting, any PC with a CD-ROM drive
can be instantly turned into a research workstation.
- CDs can be password authenticated to protect against
unwanted users' access to data.
- Data on CD-ROMs cannot be altered.
- COLD services are ideal as a part of your disaster
recovery plan---we offer off-site disc copy storage.
- CDs offer a secure and virus-proof method of distribution
(especially in contrast to internet archiving!)
The Datafile COLD service is simple. You provide the information
to us by nearly any transfer method (we also offer a secured FTP file
transfer site for your convenience) and we will provide you with a CD
archive of your data. Our service is fast, reliable, confidential and
can be tailored to fit your specific needs.
For more information regarding our COLD services, please give us a call
at 1.800.513.7650, 1.614.885.9050 or email email@example.com.
Back to top