‹‹ Datafile main page
COM is a great way to archive your company's information
for long-term, inexpensive storage. Where CD technologies and other computer-based
archival methods offer useful solutions for faster, active retrieval,
microfiche serves companies by being a stable and technology independent
The general goal of data management should not be to choose one storage
medium over another, but to determine the proper business solution for
your particular need. COM as a solution answers the call for a technology
independent format that offers a safer, long-term archive. Often it is
viewed as a complement to COLD services. Where COLD archives are used
daily because of efficiencies, COM is the method that many companies prefer
as a security blanket. When computers and networks go down, microfiche
remains, ready to be accessed.
There are several reasons why "forward
thinking" companies choose to maintain their COM archives. Below
are a just few:
- Microfiche saves paper, print and storage costs.
- Microfiche is easy to store.
- Microfiche is inexpensive.
- Microfiche provides a nearly permanent record--at
least 100 years.
- Microfiche is a preferred archival method by the
IRS and meets the requirements of other state and government archival
- Microfiche offers superior physical and chemical
stability in comparison to paper and electronic media.
- Microfiche eliminates the risk of disc failure
or obsolete technologies making your historical data inaccessible.
- Duplicates are an inexpensive way to maintain
an offsite archive and provide many departments access to the same reports.
- Microfiche eliminates forward and backward computer
hardware compatibility issues.
- COM images are easy to digitize and distribute
via fax, email or the internet.
The COM service is simple.
You provide us with data and we will provide you with Microfiche. We offer
a secured FTP file transfer site for your convenience or can utilize other
methods of data transfer that are specific to your needs.
For more specific information regarding our COM services, please give
us a call at 1.800.513.7650 or email email@example.com.
Back to top